19:21 25/08/2013

New screenshots

2Peleng11

Hooray, the translation is done, guys!

While we’re adding a little bit of last minute polish, you can glance at the new screenshots, featuring pretty much every aspect of the game, and make up your own mind.

We are very grateful to all of you for waiting and hoping that you’ll love Revolution as much as we do.

P.S. As for those who’ll ask about release date: guys, please, be patient for a little while longer. We are almost there 🙂

1. Puce Moose says:

Hooray!

That’s great news. Congratulations! I will snap this up the second it’s released. I don’t think I’ve been more excited for a release since Bioshock Infinite!

2. Wow, what a coincidence! I just went off an email asking for a potential review copy (I write for Indie Statik, an indie news/review site) literally hours before the translation was officially completed. Looking forward to seeing the final, definitive version of the game – from the screenshots, it seems like the English is far better overall.

The text in this shot
    does seem a bit weird, though. Is that intentional?

3. admin says:

Yep, that’s intentional – just gibberish from a different race’ pilot 🙂
    As for the review copy, please forward your request to 1C Publishing EU, i.e. to Andrey Dineev or Oleg Mironov.

4. Sincida says:

Such a lovely update.

Here’s a little question I’m sure people have been wondering about. The original Russian version has had over 20 patches since its release. Will all the fixes & added content already be part of the English release, or will you add it all in later?

Overall though, I have to say I’m glad you didn’t rush the translation like mad. Much like good mods, games should be released when they’re fully ready and done.

5. admin says:

Of course, English version will include all updates which were published since initial release.

6. Sincida says:

@admin
    Nice! So in many ways, the Russian playerbase tested and polished the game for the English version.

If you want to look at it that way :3

7. facebook.com Yakov Uvarov says:

Well, though wasn’t done on purpose, it really did happened that way.

8. Ded says:

Oh man, finally an effective way to crush the coalition. My method camouflage + beacon was painful. I can see some planet background going weird, it looks devastated. Are those some event planets or pirate planets? There is also that “+” icon, guessing it’s for the new faction :3 I hope that pirates will be generated differently because some late-game examples could take down an entire fleet singlehandedly. I also hope that the dominators will get better tech, after some time their ships are too weak, cus they don’t advance (equentor destroyed by a transporter made me laugh xD).

9. Керк says:

Товарищи, вопрос. Каким бы хорошим ни был перевод, оригинал всегда лучше. А поскольку я живу в Штатах, у меня нет возможности купить оригинал в стиме. Откуда у меня на карточке рубли возьмутся? Нельзя ли к английской версии русскую как-то прикрепить? Или русскую в доллары конверитровать?

10. admin says:

Пока окончательно не подтверждено, но предполагается, что у владельцев европейской версии будет доступ к русским ресурсам. Но не наоборот.

Купить же сейчас русскую версию из-за рубежа нельзя – если только попросить кого-то из России купить игру как гифт, и после этого – передать на нужный аккаунт. Вместе с тем, это является серьёзным нарушением Steam ToS, и может привести к бану обоих аккаунтов (хотя с марта-месяца таких случаев пока не было).

11. Tryan says:

This is great news indeed. I know you asked us to be patient but just so that its out of the way, do you think we will see the release this year? I hope so but would be great if we can know for sure.

12. admin says:

We’re hoping for release to happen sometime in Q4 of 2013.

13. Ded says:

Btw. Cenega actually said that they want to make a polish version of Sr hd in 2014 but any additional info is “unconfirmed” will you be cooperating with them again?

14. admin says:

That’s the first time I’m hearing about Cenega’s plans regarding SR HD. I can’t comment on this subject right now.

15. Josh says:

Great news!! I’ve been itching to give Space Rangers 2 another play through and have been holding off until A War Apart releases. Looks like we are in the final stretch now 🙂

16. tranclucatorPL says:

Actually Cenega has SR:HD in their release plan
    (here -> http://www.cenega.pl/pc/role-playing-rpg/space-rangers-hd-a-war-apart/1719#opis-szczegolowy )
    they plan to release game in 2014 ( in polish ) – but it is strange that they did not ask you (SNK) for cooperation in this matter already. I don’t know.
    Anyway, it’s nice to see new screenshots 😀 Translation is a process that should not be rushed after all. Keep up with good work guys, everybody is waiting patiently ( I think so 😀 )
    @Ded
    You’re waiting for the polish release too? 😀 Możliwe że zanim to nastąpi to minie kolejny rok…

17. admin says:

That’s actually funny, even guys from 1C didn’t knew about it. And no, no one ever asked us for cooperation, so it’s even more funny.

We’ll let you know if we’ll learn something on our end regarding this matter.

18. Damyan says:

I like the original English translation better.

19. tranclucatorPL says:

Yeah, it is funny 😀 never thought they would do something like this without letting you know guys… Anyway thanks for reply admin

20. Ded says:

When they translated sr2 they did a great job, even made some jokes that were designed for us. For instance in pizza quest the reporter was named t’massss lyss (or something like that), when you read it in polish, it sounds exactly like a name of a polish tv guy. Even reviewers were pointing out that translation was great. I strongly recommend to cooperate with them. I’m saying it because it’s easy to say how good English translation is but I have newer heard anyone who isn’t a native polish speaker to use this language properly 😛

21. Barney Stinson says:

I’m glad my grad school classes are a joke this semester because I won’t have much time to waste on them. I have a galaxy to save (or crush. Probably both).

22. tranclucatorPL says:

I fully agree with you Ded, I love Space Rangers 2: Dominators too. I mean – the game itself is great and developers put so much effort into details (from quests, to art – every aspect of the game is well made), but with polish translation it was one of the best games I’ve ever played. The humor in it was one of the things – like you have mentioned. After I bought it in 2008 in CD-Action (a polish game magazine) I played it almost all the time (with breaks of course – I didn’t want this game to bore me) and every time I started game with new character I discovered new things in it. I loved the intro with angry ranger and paleng pirate 😀 the translation was great – while in english version voices were a bit dull in my opinion (though Russian version was good too). I think that you guys (I mean 1C and developers) should advertise this title more – this game is great, and there are always gamers that value gameplay experience more than graphics itself – don’t get me wrong – graphics IS beautiful but it is not the main thing in the series. I hope for SR:HD to be translated into polish… the original was quite popular in my country. (I will buy english one anyway). And I believe there are many fans here that wish to support you too devs.

23. Neo Do says:

great news!! I hope we can buy space ranger this year. Cannot wait longer

24. Amit says:

Congratulations on finishing the translation. Looking forward to the release in Q4. Keep up the good work!

25. SmmLahamu says:

Guys I can not say how happy I am. I’ve just been told about this project by a friend and I had to check it out. Space Rangers is one of my favourite sequel of all the games I play. So thank you guys! A BIG THANK YOU!

26. SN says:

Will this game be available on Steam or GOG?

27. admin says:

It will be available on Steam only.

28. Ded says:

Maybe you guys could give us new soundtrack 😀 my friend from Russia told me that it is much more intense than in the original, I would love to check it out.

29. tindrli says:

and why not GOG??

30. Sorry4BadEnglish says:

@Ded
    Here is it.
    Also, I dunno why they didn’t posted it on the english part of site, like ’em did it here
    And, please, if u can – use torrents.

31. SirPrimalform says:

I would rather get it on GOG, I don’t like Steam!

32. hier says:

Come on, bring it on gog.com, too please!

33. facebook.com Yakov Uvarov says:

Unfortunately, the game will be available only on Steam, it’s aour publisher’s decision, not ours.

34. SirPrimalform says:

Oh well, thanks for letting us know. If you could let the publisher know that people want it on GOG too then I’d be grateful. Tell them we’ll be waiting for them. 🙂

35. Paul says:

Another vote for GOG, please do let your publisher know we want a GOG release as well.

36. admin says:

We are very sorry, but decision is already made – game will be available on Steam only. At least for the at the first time.

37. eks says:

I guess I’m the only one that is happy that it’s on Steam. Steam is great.

38. SirPrimalform says:

@eks: Being sad isn’t not on GOG doesn’t equal being sad that it is on Steam.

We’re sad that it’s Steam only, but if you’re happy that it’s Steam only then that’s a bit strange.

39. Kismet says:

I hope it won’t take years for 1C to decide it’s time to release it on GOG as well.

40. EvilSquid says:

Damn no GOG release! That sucks, not sure I can bring myself to buy something on Steam…

Must get it somehow though… 😉

41. Scott Krabs says:

I can not wait to play this game.. nuff said

42. p says:

one month more, but nothing more still about date relase;P

43. Korr says:

Awesome! Can’t wait to play!!! Thanks guys!

44. cw8 says:

Will wait for the GOG version or a drm-free bundle, else I’ll probably just skip. Since I already have SR2.